Over 25 million women experience accidental loss of urine. It can happen at any age, but it is more common after childbirth and hormonal changes. Dr. Choi believes that we can do better than offering women to wear a diaper as a solution for incontinence. Physical exam, medical history (including voiding diary), laboratory tests, and specialized bladder function test (urodynamic) can determine the cause of urinary incontinence.
- Diet – lessen the intake of bladder irritants
- Behavioral – time voiding / bladder training
- Pelvic muscle rehabilitation – teach proper kegel exercises, biofeedback/physical therapy
- Medication – lessen the contraction of bladder muscle
- Botox injection – simple office-based procedure to inject botox into bladder wall
- Plate Rich Plasma (PRP)