Prostate Nodule

What is a prostate nodule?

If your primary doctor has found an irregularity on your prostate you will be sent to an urologist for evaluation of that nodule. The nodule may be related to benign growth (BPH), infection/inflammation, or of most concern, cancer.


The urologist will perform a DRE (Digital Rectal Exam), and if the nodule is still present they may recommend further evaluation with a prostate biopsy.