ED can cause stress, low self-confidence and relationship problems. Dr. Choi understands that cause of ED is personal and individualized. Evaluation via thorough history, physical exam, laboratory and imaging studies are important in identifying the cause and establish treatment options.
- Diet and exercise – balance diet, healthy lifestyle and regular exercise can improve many health issues and Dr. Choi strongly believe that treatment for ED starts here.
- Vitamins – combine with other therapies, these supplements can improve ED.-
– Citrulline – antioxidant which can help to dilate blood vessels
– Yohimbe – unclear the mechanism but it may improve ED and weight lose
– Ginseng – Korean red ginseng (panax ginseng) is scientifically proven therapy for ED
- Pills – sildenafil (Viagra) and tadalafil (Cialis)
-Phosphodiesterase inhibitors (PDE 5) work in penile blood vessels to increase the blood flow to penis. Dr. Choi has over 20 years of experience in clinical studies and use of these medications for his patients.
- GAINSwave Therapy – noninvasive office-based therapy to increase the blood flow and stimulate the growth of new blood vessels in penis. Learn more about GAINSwave Therapy
- Vacuum device – cylinder over penis creates vacuum and it leads to blood being drawn into the shaft of the penis. A band (ring) is applied to based of penis to maintain the erection. It works well but it can cause bruise and pain
- Penile injection – Dr. Choi will assist in designing the right mixture of medications to obtain the best result with minimal side effects.